A brand new (and entirely free) update has landed in Torchlight III offering plenty of winter-themed goodies for players to check out.
Called ‘Snow & Steam’, the update introduces four new pets, new gear, new fort decorations, a rework for the Forged class, and changes to Fazeer’s Dun’djinn. We’ve got a full rundown of all the changes for you below, as well as some lovely wintery screenshots.
Check it out:
– Winter-Themed Pets: 4 new pets and 1 new pet variation, available for a limited time.
4 New Pets
– Ugly Sweater Cat with Rare pet skill: Static Discharge.
– Frost Owl with Legendary pet skill: Summon Flock
– Jolly Ferret with a Rare random pet skill.
– Reindeer with a Magic random pet skill.
New Pet Variation
– Red-Nosed Retriever with a Legendary random pet skill.
5 additional pet skills have also been added!
– Assemble!: A player’s pet summons the spirits of a legendary owl, alpaca, wolf, and cat that deal 50% of your weapon damage, have 50% of your health, and have a lifespan of 12 seconds.
– Wet Kisses: Players’ pets attack have a 50% chance to slow enemies attack and movement speed by 30%.
– Zoomies: Anytime a player’s pet kills an enemy, they get a 50% attack and movement speed bonus for 8 seconds.
– Dasher: Anytime a player’s pet takes damage, they gain 40% evasion for 6 seconds (12 second cooldown)
– Land Mines: A player’s pet does their business, leaving behind a surprise that taunts enemies to it. On death it explodes for 150% weapon damage in a small area.
– Five brand-new legendary weapons
– 4 weapons that are a part of the Arctic Armaments weapon set: The North Mace, Glacier’s Edge, Frostwall and My Lil’ General
– Along with 1 unique weapon: Toymaker’s Tool.
One new armor set: The Winterweave armor set
– Has the Lucky Adventurer skill, which grants +20% item luck and 10% movement speed for 30 seconds when a player slays an Elite enemy
– The items included in the Winterweave set are permanent additions to the game and can only be found by characters that are level 47+.
Two rare helms:
– Frostform Head: When helm is equipped, the player’s head transforms into a snowman’s head
– Elfin Cap
The Forged class has received a major rework in this update. Not only will players notice new elements for the HUD, but several skills have been changed and the general approach for Forged has received other enhancements to make it a more viable class.
New Steam Mechanic Increasing Movement Speed
– Steam is displayed directly next to the Heat bar, and generated by venting Heat. Venting a full Heat bar results in a full Steam bar which will slowly decay over time, increasing Forged Movement Speed.
– Steam enhances Basic Attacks with special bonus Proc effects that spend Steam:
– For Melee basic weapons, a conical blast of steam deals damage upon swinging.
– For Ranged basic weapons, a piercing steam projectile is shot upon firing.
New Winter-Themed Fort Decorationsadded to the time-limited “Snow & Steam” Contract:
Items: Snow, Snowy Square Block, Snowy Arch Block, Snowman, Igloo, Snow Candle, Festive Arch, Festive Pillar, Trevail Point Snow Globe, Wreath, Stove, McTyre’s Cove Snow Globe, Grandfather Clock, Banquet Feast, Cider Service, Holiday Tree, String Lights, Cocoa Stand, Dwarven Nutcracker, Echo Landing Snow Globe, Holiday Presents.
– Wardrobe: 4 Candy Houses for each class.
New Style Station
The Style Station will be available once players have unlocked their fort. The new station introduces transmog and dye features that allow players to customize the look and color of their gear. Players can acquire new styles and dyes by picking up gear while out on their adventures to complete a large library of fashionable transmog options.
Fazeer’s Dun’djinn Update: Many improvements have come to Fazeer’s Dun’djinn including more variety of affixes, a revamped quest system (no more missing quest items!), and increased rewards/difficulty. Here are some of the major improvements:
– Fazeer now appears in front of his lounge in forts.
– Fazeer’s Dungeons can now be found in some hub areas: Firebelly Village, Acrid Plains, and Machineworks.
– Greater variety of bosses.
– Most Fazeer’s Dun’djinn checkpoints now have a greater variety of bosses: about 45 instead of 8 possible bosses.
– Damage from monsters increases the further players go into Fazeer’s Dun’djinn, both increasing faster per level and stopping at a higher value than before
Let us know if you plan on checking out all of this lovely new Torchlight III content in the comments below, and feel free to read our review of the base game if you’d like to learn more.